Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Little orange lightbulb.

She said that there's a long way more to go.

There's this little wall lamp on top of my sister's bed, in my room. It's been there for as long as I can remember, probably since I was born. It has a nice warm orange light, creates a really warm and comforting feel to my room. It's a dimmer so I can adjust the brightness of the light the same way I can adjust the volume of a speaker.

I was switching it on yesterday, by turning the notch clockwise. It'd click once to signify that it is switched on. The further I turn the brighter it is. While I was turning it, I started thinking back, and I realised - the bulb of the wall lamp had not blown once through the last 14 years.

Yes, it did flicker once or twice before but it never really blew. It's always been working fine, amazingly. Strangely. And I do use it at least 7 times a week, which means at least once a day. But it's fine, till now. After 14 whole years and more, it has not blown. Not even once.

Or maybe it has, it's just that I erased it from memory.

No comments: