Saturday, January 3, 2009

I do hope silence always mean consent.

He shouted drop sail!

- Do you love me, brother? Would you protect me against any enemy?
- The last time you spoke to me like this, you were ten years old and you'd just stolen father's horse. What have
you done now?
- I must show you something.

- Turn us round. Back to Sparta.
- Wait, wait.
- You fool!
- Listen to me.
- Do you know what you've done? Do you know how many years our father worked for peace?
- I love her.
- Ugh! It's all a game to you, isn't it? You roam from town to town bedding merchants' mives and temple mates. And you
think you know something about love. What about your father's love? You spat on him when you brought her on this ]
ship! What about the love for your country? You'll let Troy burn for this woman? I won't let you start a war for her.
- May I speak?... What you say is true - I've wronged you, I've wronged our father. If you want to take Helen back to
Sparta, so be it. But I go with her.
- To Sparta? They'll kill you!
- Then I'll die fighting.
- Oh, and that sounds heroic to you, doesn't it? To die fighting. Tell me, little brother, have you ever killed a man?
- No.
- Ever seen a man die in combat?
- No.
- I've killed man, and I've heard them dying. And I've watched them dying. And there's nothing glorious about it. Nothing
poetic. You say you want to die for love, but you know nothing about dying and you know nothing about love!
- All the same, I go with her. I won't ask you to fight my war.
- You already have... To Troy! About ship! Set sail!

Hector never quite replied Paris.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you took it off troy!