Monday, July 26, 2010

Not fair at all.

Won't you just let her go?

For hours at a times, I had heard you whine, about her and her failure at manners, and how you wish she'd understand. There was even once you fell asleep crying, and the phone just hung up on me. I had spent an hour calling you - 37 missed calls in total. Have you forgotten all that?

There was once where she cheated on you, and went for someone else. All that while I stuck around and tried to get you back up. Going early to school to get you bars of chocolate to give you that smile that she took away, to somewhat get you through you day. And all that while, you had been lying to me - but I forgave you.

Now, all I ask is a little gratitude, a little appreciation for the little things I had done. I don't need a party, nor a bouquet, I don't even need a card or long speeches for that matter. All I want is for you to listen, for you to stop letting her get in the way of our friendship even though she's been long gone from your heart.

Just a little friendship, in exchange for all I have given.

No comments: