Thursday, August 14, 2008

Even my tongue's green.

I had free-writing today, and wrote on favouritism.

I was walking home, thinking of Snowy, without any particular reason. It was then when I recalled the first time we brought her home - a puppy of 6 months, as tiny as my two open palms, fur as soft as cotton and temperament as timid and shy as she can ever be. She was adorable! It was love at first sight...

I was five and when I sat down with my knees propped up, she crawled right underneath and fell asleep. It was in the first hour of owning her when she did that and it melted my heart. I called for my sister who was busying herself with doggy websites in the studyroom.

She ran out and smiled at the adorable sight of the puppy asleep, for the first time, in my house. My sister gently sat herself next to me. This was when Snowy woke up and stared at her, confused and dazed. Still half-asleep, she titled her head from left to right, looking bemused.

Slowly, she got up and left the spot from underneath my knees and lay in my sisters laps. She fell asleep there and stayed that way for almost an hour. That night was the night that she cried herself to sleep though - whining the entire night through. Of course, though, I was in too deep sleep to hear her. But, of course, my sister did.

I know I'm gonna do poorly. Same goes.

No comments: