Wednesday, May 28, 2008

An armor.

She pleads for someone to unlock the shackles.

There's this little kitten that roams around my void deck area. It was about a month old when I first saw it, it was so tiny and so adorable. It was, however, really timid and unfriendly but after a few days of playing with it, it began to warm up to me. Soon enough, it came running to me each time I saw it.

I absolutely adored it. The way it would fall into my arms and fit perfectly in the space between my elbow and my body, leaning it's head against my collar bone. It was absolutely adorable and I wanted so badly to take it home everytime. However, a week passed and it started growing bigger.

For a few days, I never saw it. It wasn't anywhere near my void deck or the other block's. But as I was walking down a flight of stairs to the mainroad yesterday, I heard the familiar tingle of its bell that hung around its neck, and it came from within the shrubs.

I bent down to peer into the shrubs only to find it crouching within, barely seeming to recognize me. I did attempt coaxing it out but to no avail. It was impossible for a kitten I had spent everyday of the last week to have forgotten me in a matter of days. I gave up and walked off though...

I believe it knew me, and from the look in its eyes, it did want to greet me. But something, rather strong, was holding it back. It was afraid, very afraid, in fact. Of what, I didn't know. Perhaps its trust was broken by someone else and it has begun to fear humans. Perhaps it was hurt and its wounds never healed.

Perhaps it was just protecting itself against further hurt.

No comments: