Thursday, November 13, 2008

Silly things.

Similarly.

I wrote about rolling over my sister's toes with a walker before. So much about her because I spent more time with her when I was a kid than with anyone else - Daddy and Mummy were working and my brother was already in Secondary School when I was six.

So many things I remember that revolved around her - there was once when it came her birthday and I spent days picking out beads to put together a necklace that had her fullname pieced together with pink, blue and purple cube beads with alphabets on all four sides. I was five or six I think, she was ten.

I was incredibly excited to give it to her and when she took it, she forced a smil and thanked me, barely reciprocrating the enthusiasm. I couldn't understand and finally was told that it was something she'd never wear because it looked like a doggy collar. I cried, and still insisted it was absolutely pretty. Hilarious.

Even the time when I playfully plucked her bra strap just for the sound effect. I was probably nine or ten, she was fourteen. I remember lots of screaming and shouting and then from my mum too. I think I got a slap, I can't really recall. But I didn't understand why I was being rude for doing so. Oh, but there was so many more silly things I did...

I can't stop listing all the silly memories out. Too many to count. And, on top of that, after that birthday, I vowed that I'd never give anything handmade to my sister as a gift again. Incredibly amusing when I do recall now... I wonder if she still has that necklace, unworn but rusty, lying around somewhere. Many silly things - kid or not.

Same person, but different kid, who rolled over her toes.

No comments: