Thursday, November 27, 2008

Waking up from a dream.

She said I don't feel like going home now.

The crowd cheers and starts to stand, the applause rings in my ear as the spotlight shiens down on us. The standing ovation goes on for a minute or two and Mister Lim takes his leave backstage. As we continue stand, I turn to Geraldine and smile, the warmth radiating within me.


The sniffing and bawling echoes as the scent of salty tears taints my skin. I see Kaede, eyes puffy and red, standing by her mum. Rachel's crying and hugging her host somewhere nearby as I walk with Min Ying towards Kaede's dad to make my last goodbye.


We're on the plane and the pressure in my ears annoys me so. I see Geraldine retrieve her camera and I quickly turn to pull Si Kai nearer as if it's become a natural reflex. The shutter clicks and Geraldine shows us the screen. I laugh as she turns the camera back around and we take, what is probably, our three hundred and twentieth photo together.

I miss all the sticky rice and seaweed for dinner.

No comments: