Sunday, July 27, 2008

If I could, then I would.

He said, or wrote, if I were you, I would be here.

Remember when we were kids, we used to have those floats that our parents would blow air into? The ones that we would put around our upper arms? Oh well, at least I used it a lot as a kid - I could never, and still cannot, swim. I always had to put them on.

Oh, but I enjoyed them! Because no matter what I did, I'd never sink, and I didn't have to worry about sinking either! They always kept me, safely, afloat. Ahh, how I recall jumping into the water in a very swift motion - jump off the ground, pulling legs towards body and pushing entire body horizontally forward.

I could jump into such deep waters that covered my head, by a feet or two, without having to worry about drowning. I even liked pretending that I could dive. Because there was nothing to hold me back, I was safe, anyhow, anyway. All I had to do was to hold my breath and close my eyes at the right times and everything'd stayed fine.

Like, everything else, I grew out of those floats. They're only for kids, so I never got to wear them after I passed the age of eight. And anyway, even if I did continue, I'd look horrendously silly. It's probably one reason that I don't swim anymore - because I can't, because I hate drowning. I hate water going up my nose. I fear death, don't like it one bit.

Because I can't, I keep play safe - by staying out of the pool, you know?

No comments: