Friday, October 31, 2008

Amplification within a nightmare.

She said sounds more like a warped story.

I had a nightmare. It left my skin ice-cold, myself cuddled up into a ball under the blankets and almost shivering. I recall waking up and, also, finding myself frowning. Although if I were to relate it out all over again, through words, it'd sound in the least frightening. But it is haunting, so very haunting.

Everything came in tinges of green, blue and red. It felt so real -the pain itself was overwhelmingly so. When I ran, out of fear, I could feel the impact of my foot against my ground travelling up my thighs, setting them on flame. The tears I cried felt like they were eroding a stream through my skin, it's fluid surface strangely coarse and scalding.

Even your arms, your embrace felt like it'd crush me, and that I'd crumble to the ground in tiny, little fragments.

No comments: