Thursday, March 13, 2008

Just another nightmare?

He told me that I will find it again.

She lay on the sofa, looking so adorable and so at peace. I wanted to throw my arms around her and cuddle her in my arms. Her soft white fur fell over her eyes as they fluttered to the rhythm of her heaving chest. And as I neared her, I could even hear her soft snore.

I called her name once, but she continued snoring, her heavy breathing was rather distinct now. So, I called her again, hoping to wake her a little, hoping not to give her a shock, but she didn't wake. I decided to pat her head gently, so I bent down and sat beside her.

As I did so, she jumped up and snapped at me, growling furiously. She glared at me, her fur still covering her eyes. I stepped away and tried to calm her down, calling her name repeatedly in a voice as soothing as I could muster. As she started to growl more intensely, I decided to go. She must have had a bad dream.

But bad dreams are scary; they never go away.

No comments: