Monday, March 17, 2008

I do love my sister.

She told me that I need to learn to live the way others do.

When I was two or three, I had this purple walker that had really really huge wheels. I was quite a fast learner when it came to walking, so in a few hours, I was running with the walker, ramming myself into walls. Not hard enough to tip-over, but enough to receive a slight impact. I loved it, I used to laugh.

So, being able to run around so easily, with the walker's huge wheels propelling me forward all the time, I decided to play a game with myself - I took the joy of running over my sister's toes, watching her scream. I was only two years old, you see, I was frail and tiny. My sister wasn't allowed to hit me, then.

Everyday, when I was lifted into the walker, I ran after my sister, and she'd run away, screaming. I'd be fast enough to catch up though, and many times, I made her cry. She cried so badly that my mum had to stop be from using the walker. But I was never punished, and it was still an entertainment to me.

However, as time passed and I found other alternatives of causing my sister pain, I realised that it was useless. It wasn't going to bring me any good. So, after a long period, I eventually learnt and also got so bored of my own little game that I finally stopped.

I'm thankful for her in my life though.

No comments: